Welcome to my beer blog. Here I'll post some of my thoughts on and reviews of craft brewed beer. Follow me on Twitter @AleThoughts

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Beer Review: The Bruery Saison De Lente


Saison De Lente

I split this bottle of Saison De Lente from The Bruery with my wife and our friends Greg & Julia with an excellent dinner of beef tenderloin, asparagus and roasted red potatoes. This was my second time with this brew, first time from a bottle. It's been on my radar for some time now but I've always avoided it due to the price. Saw it last week in PA for $9. I bit. We enjoyed several bottles of their Autumn Maple back in the Fall. Mmm....looking forward to that again this year.

Mine poured in to a Duvel tulip and appeared cloudy bright gold with huge foamy white head that stays for a long time. It leaves behind sticky lacing and some good steady carbonation streams. The aroma is beautifully  presented with lemon and pepper notes, some clove notes as well. The flavors match the aroma profile. Delicate peppery spice up front, creamy lemon citrus in the middle that finishes crisp and tart. The flavors here are strong but not overpowering at all. Saison de Lente is perfect balanced.

This beer encompasses all that I love in a saison. It's clean, crisp and has some awesome spice and yeast flavors. It's extremely easy to drink and is not a palate killer but stands up to strong flavored food. This style in general is a favorite of mine. I would definitely buy this beer again, but I wouldn't pay much more than $10 for a bottle. I'd say that Saison De Lente is one of the finest American made saisons currently on the market. At it's current price point for my area this will remain a special occasion treat rather than a cellar/fridge regular.

I love the label art for this beer, and all of their beers for that matter. Here's a close up.

Do you see the bunnies?


No comments:

Post a Comment