Welcome to my beer blog. Here I'll post some of my thoughts on and reviews of craft brewed beer. Follow me on Twitter @AleThoughts

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Beer Review: Oskar Blues Ten FIDY

Not an April Fool's joke.
I had Ten FIDY on tap at Frisco Taphouse a few weeks ago for happy hour. I've long been a fan of Oskar Blues and their stellar craft cans. I've had this one several times before, but it's been a while. It's pretty easy to get in my area in cans, but I don't get it often.

It came to me pitch black with a thin dark tan head. There isn't much lacing to speak of and the head quickly leaves. I'm picking up heavy coffee aromas, tart cherries and dark chocolate. It smells fantastic! As I began to sip on it the front mimics the aroma with coffee notes, tart cherries and dark chocolate. It feels deliciously tart and sour in the middle to the back of the throat and finishes very clean with a quick aftertaste. If feels medium in body with not a hint of it's 10.5% alcohol content.

Ten FIDY is an excellent ,flavorful and complex Russian imperial stout. If you like sweet strong stouts, it doesn't get much better than this in my opinion. Priced at about $8 a pour at Frisco its not an everyday beer. I recall this being priced around $15 for a four pack of cans. I may have to go our an buy some of this to keep around. It's too good to ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment