Welcome to my beer blog. Here I'll post some of my thoughts on and reviews of craft brewed beer. Follow me on Twitter @AleThoughts

Friday, May 6, 2011

Beer Review: Harpoon UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen

Refreshing and tasty
I enjoyed this pint of UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen from Harpoon last week at Metropolitan in Baltimore. It was the first time in a while for me for this beer. This sweet treat came to me in Flying Dog pint glass. Love the local brewery shout out!

It appears pinkish orange with a thin white head and steady carbonation streams. UFO smells of tart raspberry with just a hint of fruity sweetness. No surprise there, but sometime no news is good new. The flavors up front and in the middle are of creamy bread sweetness with raspberry note. The raspberry influence is obvious but not over done. In my opinion this is should be the goal of any adjunct ingredients. It finishes tart and bitter. For a deliberately fruity hefe, this is perfectly balance in my opinion.

This is a very good beer for what it is. If you like fruit wheats, this is one of the better brews out there for you. Perfectly balanced flavor profile, unique in color and easy to drink. I picture this is an excellent Summer beer. Now...if only it came in cans...

No comments:

Post a Comment